Lecture package: An overview of the Schools on the Move programme
Two lectures from our programme directors in the meeting room with coffee, tea and refreshments:
- A lecture introducing the Finnish Schools on the Move programme: The programme is one of the government’s key projects. How is it operated and what kind of activities do schools do during lessons? (A 45-minute lecture and 15 minutes for discussion.)
- A research and follow-up lecture: What kind of follow-up and research do we have in the programme and what are the effects of the programme according to research? (A 45-minutes lecture and 15 minutes for discussion.)
School visit package
A practical visit to municipalities and schools package includes:
- One school visit to a municipality in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- A programme expert hosting the visits
- Municipalities’ giving introductions about their operations in the Schools on the Move programme and the activities done during lessons
- School personnel’s giving introductions to their actions in Schools on the Move activities, e.g. decreasing sedentary time during lessons; the principal’s comment on leading the operations, and visits to classrooms and other facilities
The maximum group size per visit is 20 persons.
Two-day training package
Day 1, 9–15.00
- Lecture package: An overview of the Schools on the Move programme
- Lunch in a Finnish school
- School visit package: One school visit in one municipality
Day 2, 9–16.00
- A visit to another school with a different theme (of your preference) (2–3 hours)
- Lunch at the school
- A workshop/training for your group on a chosen subject (an active classroom for a certain class, break exercises, a nature classroom, active school transportation etc.) (3–5 hours)
Online introductory course to a physically active school day
In this introductory course, participants learn about the Finnish Schools on the Move programme and are introduced to...
Advanced online course for functional and physically active learning methods in subject teaching
This advanced online course is aimed for subject teachers who have prior experience on active school day methods, for...
Online course for teachers on physical activity as part of the school day
This online course is a result of years of teaching. All activities and teaching methods have been tested in a school...